What are the benefits of being a member of a Church?
- It identifies a person as a genuine believer (Eph. 2:19; Rom. 12:2-5)
- It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage them in their walk with Christ (Gal. 6:1-2; Heb. 10:24-25)
- It gives them a place to discover and use their gifts in ministry (1 Cor. 12:4-27
- It places them under the spiritual protection of Godly leaders (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28-29)
- It gives them the accountability they need to grow (Eph. 5:21)
What can you expect as a member of FLC?
- We value the divinely inspired Word of God that provides hope, inspiration and guidance through continuous study and engagement.
- We value fulfilling the needs of people by loving them the way Jesus loves us.
- We value showing the love of Jesus through sharing God’s grace with others.
- God’s Family
- We value Jesus’ sacrifice for the entirety of humanity, so we welcome all people as He welcomes us.
What is it like to be a Christian without a church home?
- A football player without a team
- A soldier without a platoon
- A tuba player without an orchestra
- A sheep without a flock
- A child without a family
- A Christian without a church is an orphan.
What do we expect from our members?
- Study God’s Word as individuals and community
- Showing others how to follow Jesus
- Sharing how Jesus transforms your life through serving and stories
What can our members expect from their church?
- An opportunity to hear the preached Word
- An opportunity for fellowship
- An opportunity to mature as a Christian through Christian education
- An opportunity to use their spiritual gifts to the glory of God and the edification of humankind
- An opportunity to partner with Christ in building His Kingdom
How does someone become a member of Faith Lutheran Church?
- Receive Baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
- Attend membership exploration class
What is covered in the FLC New Member Class?
Week 1 is about Church (global)
- What is the Church?
- What is the Church for?
- How do you fit into the Church?
- The Church and Mission
- About Mission at Faith
Week 2 is about Church (local)
- Mission, Vision, and Purpose of Faith
- As Individuals and As a Congregation (Community)
- To what are you promising?
- What does Faith promise to you?
- History of Faith
- Tour of Faith
Week 3 is about Theology
- A game of Lutheran Theology
- As Lutheran Christians we accent…
- It’s important to know your theology…
Week 4 is about You
- Who God created you to be
- Being a part of the body
- What’s Your Part?